Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
SMITHFIELD — Because of the coronavirus, the Johnston County Department of Social Services has changed its operations.
• The agency has closed the lobby of its building at 714 North St. in Smithfield.
• The staff is available by phone and email from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Johnstonians may apply for assistance online at johnstonnc.com/dss. Click on the ePass link on the homepage.
• Johnstonians may pick up a paper application in front of the building on North Street, complete the application and place it in the drop box outside the building. Also, Johnstonians may mail completed applications to P.O. Box 11, Smithfield, N.C. 27577.
• For answers to questions, call 919-989-5300.